Prescription Drugs – A Part of Life
To get through the day, some of us rely heavily on popping prescription drugs. We try not to think about the long list of possible side-effects on the bottle of our opiate analgesics.
“I have pain and it needs to be controlled. So what if I happen to experience a little nausea and vomiting or dry mouth? It’s better than debilitating pain, right? Loss of appetite is not such a bad thing and a mood change probably wouldn’t hurt either. . . Low blood pressure? That could pose a problem. Chest pain?
Wait. They’ve left the worst till last —seizures and convulsions! Seriously?” Well, only if necessary!
Effective Alternative to Prescription Drugs
What if you didn’t need to risk your life to eliminate your pain? What if there was a natural, powerfully effective alternative to prescription drugs? What a God-send that would be. Just imagine being able to sleep soundly and wake up pain free without the fear of negative side-effects.
What if there was a safe, non-addictive pain-killer/anti-depressant/antianxiety/stimulant/sleep-aid? Would you be willing to give it a shot, –even if it’s a humble, frequently maligned little herb like marijuana?
Prescription Drugs Vs Marijuana
- Painkillers – Vicodin, Oxycontin and Percocet may alleviate pain but they are also highly addictive. Did you know that 44 Americans die every day from opioid overdose? Nobody has ever died from cannabis and it’s not possible to overdose on it. It gets rid of pain quickly and safely.
- Anti-Anxiety Medications – Xanax and other anti-anxiety meds come with a host of negative side effects including addiction, overdose and death. This class of medication is so strong that withdrawal symptoms alone can cause death. Not so with gentle, herbal Mary Jane. She sooths the part of the brain that regulates anxiety.
- Stimulants – ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and narcolepsy are usually treated with Adderall and Ritalin. These drugs can lead to addiction, kidney failure, circulatory collapse and even death. On the other hand, CBD Oil increases dopamine levels in the brain, boosting the patient’s performance and mood without any side-effects.
- Sleep Aids– Insomnia is treated with sleep aids like Ambien which is a sedative that is fairly mild. However, it has the potential for abuse and has been known to frequently cause sleep-walking and, in some cases, “sleep-driving”. Yikes. CBD Oil allows for a much better quality of sleep.
- Antidepressants – Zoloft is probably the most common antidepressant. It has been found to cause sexual arousal disorder (difficulty achieving orgasm) and an increase in suicidal thoughts. Antidepressants have been linked to an increase in actual suicides, too. (Isn’t that a bit ironic?) CBD Oil stimulates the brain’s production of chemicals responsible for a positive mood and fights depression at the source without any risk.
So, are you ready yet to become a pot-head? “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.” —Just kidding. You don’t have to smoke a spliff and get high to enjoy the benefits of cannabis. CBD Oil has all the benefits and none of the THC (the stuff that makes us high) of the wonder herb. What if it blows your mind?
Food For Thought
According to a demographic review of patient characteristics published online in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, patients with access to marijuana oils are reducing their dependence on conventional pharmaceuticals.
Arizona: The Medical Marijuana Research Institute in Mesa surveyed responses from 367 state-qualified patients recruited from four Arizona medical cannabis dispensaries and found that respondents most often reported using cannabis therapeutically to treat symptoms of chronic pain, nausea, anxiety, muscle spasms, arthritis, headaches, depression, insomnia, and stress. Patients said cannabis provided “almost complete relief” of their symptoms – greater than that of pharmaceutical medications.
Over 70 percent of respondents reported using prescription drugs “less frequently” for over half of the conditions specified. Over 90 percent of those consuming cannabis to relieve symptoms of headache, muscle spasms, nausea, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, and bowel distress reported using fewer pharmaceuticals once they began cannabis therapy.
Even though CBD Oil has been shown to combat many ailments, including pain and inflammation, please do not stop your medication that has been prescribed by your doctor.