Best Eye Drops For Chronic Dry Eye Syndrome
Special proteins and antibodies in our tears help protect our eyes from infection. As a result, the health of our eyes depends on a constant flow of lubrication consisting of oils, water and mucus. These are secreted by glands around the eyes.
What is Dry Eye Syndrome?
When the glands around the eyes fail to produce tears of the proper consistency, the tears may evaporate more quickly than they should. Consequently, this causes a condition known as “dry eye syndrome”.
Left untreated, this condition can lead to ulcers and the potential for some loss of vision. Over time, the cornea can become damaged because of insufficient protection.
Symptoms of Dry Eye Syndrome:
- Redness of the Sclera
- Burning or Stinging
- Light Sensitivity
- Mucus String Around the Eye
- Difficulty Wearing Contact Lenses
- Watery Eyes
- Difficulty with Night Vision
- Blurred Vision
Some Causes of Dry Eye Syndrome:
- Cosmetic surgery – if the eyelids are opened too wide
- Diseases that alter the components of tears such as: keratoconjunctivitis sicca, dysfunctional tear syndrome, lacrimal keratoconjunctivitis, evaporative tear deficiency, aqueous tear deficiency, and LASIK-induced neurotrophic epitheliopathy as well as faulty lacrimal glands, inflammation of the Meibomian glands, inflammation of the ocular surface or conjunctiva.
- Skin disease
- Glandular disease
- Hormone imbalances
- Chemical or thermal burns
- Infrequent blinking
- Excessive computer/television viewing
- Vitamin deficiency
- Long-term contact lens wear, leading to a loss of sensation in the cornea
- Nocturnal lagophthalmos (eyes partially open during sleep)
- Sjögren’s, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Steroid Drops – A Temporary Solution
Because inflammation is associated with dry eye syndrome, doctors may recommend a course of steroid eye drops. However, steroid drops should be used on a short-term basis. This is because they can increase the risks of cataracts and high eye pressure when used for extended periods.
Many eye drops contain preservatives to prevent bacteria growth which some people find irritating to their eyes. Some eye drops can actually make your eyes more sensitive. These are not recommended for those with serious eye dryness.
Don’t Ignore Dry Eyes
It’s important to treasure your eyes. If you’re suffering from any of the symptoms, take it seriously and take yourself to see an eye doctor. If the dryness that you are experiencing in your eyes is caused by a lower level of oil within your tears, chances are your doctor will recommend eye drops that contain extra oil. Ask your doctor about NAC Eye Drops.
NAC Eye Drops
NAC Eye Drops contain the antioxidant N-Acetyl Carnosine 1.0% liquid. Each box of NAC contains two vials, five milliliters each. We recommend N-acetyl-carnosine eye drops for you and your pets.
√ Reduces Cataracts
√ Improves Eyesight
√ Improves Glare Sensitivity
NAC Eye Drops provide those suffering from cataracts a breakthrough alternative to cataract surgery. This cataract melting formula discovered by Dr. Babizhayev and his research team delivers powerful anti-oxidant benefits. And it has generated amazing curative results for people around the world. Furthermore, it is the same formulation as Can-c or Can C Eye Drops products.