Everyone has experienced forgetfulness throughout their daily lives, but as we grow older and experience memory lapses, we find ourselves worrying about what it could mean. It is important to pay attention to these moments of forgetfulness, because they could signal diseases such as dementia or Alzheimer’s. Memory loss is not an inevitable part of growing older, so it is important to monitor if you are experiencing major memory loss. There are several ways to fight memory loss and CDP Choline is a supplement known to help cognitive performance and improve memory. Taken together with following a few simple techniques easily integrated into your life, memory improvement is within reach of most of us.
Keep your memory in check by using your brain often! Here are some tips for working your brain and maintaining your brain health:
- Choose activities that are challenging – learning a new instrument or a music piece that you find difficult
- Learn and develop new skills – maybe learn a new language, or a new card game that requires strategy such as bridge
- Stay physically active and choose exercise that keeps your blood pumping
- Get enough sleep
- Maintain healthy relationships with friends and family
- Reduce stress
- Eat brain-boosting foods – include omega-3s in your diet, lots of fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants, drink green tea (which contain antioxidants).
A supplement many people take for boosting memory and brain health is CDP-Choline.
What is CDP-Choline?
CDP-Choline – not to be confused with Choline – is a nootropic compound that converts to choline and cytidine when ingested. Then, the Cytidine converts to uridine in the body. What the heck is a nootropic? Choline? Cytidine? Uridine? Glad you asked. Here’s a quick run-down of what these mean:
- Nootropics: these are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals and foods that improve mental function and help to enhance memory, cognition and brain health. They are often referred to as “smart drugs”.
- Choline: is a molecule used for boosting cognitive health in the brain and for liver health.
- Uridine: is a major part of ribonucleic acid (RNA). It is found in many foods such as tomatoes, beer and breast milk. It is often with choline as a supplements to improve mental function and in those suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease. It may increase dopamine levels in the brain. It is best taken with choline sources such as krill oil.
- Cytidine: is another major component of RNA.
How Does CDP-Choline Work?
CDP-Choline or cytidine 5’-diphosphocholine essentially releases cytidine and choline when taken. The cytidine converts into uridine in the body. Next, once these two molecules have been absorbed in the body, they cross the blood-brain barrier to reach our central nervous systems (CNS). Here, they are said to increase cerebral metabolism and incorporate with various neurotransmitters. It has been proven that CDP-Choline works to raise noradrenaline and dopamine levels in the brain (study).
What are the benefits?
CDP-choline has shown to offer the following benefits:
- Improve memory performance in elderly
- Prevent (or slow down) cognitive decline
- Improve concentration and focus
CDP-choline has shown to have no serious side-effects among patients in experiments, which demonstrates the safety of taking this supplement. Anti-aging Central is going to be carrying CDP-choline soon! If you would like to be notified when we have CDP-choline in stock, make sure you are signed up for our newsletter below, and ‘Like’ our facebook page to see updates.
At Anti-Aging Central, we carry several products to help you combat memory loss, the following products are for brain health: