A true sign of aging is when grey hair starts to develop. But today, even young men and women are beginning to develop grey hair early on in their lives. Why does our hair go grey?
The hair follicles contain melanin, which is a pigment, and when the body stops producing it, the hair will become colorless and thus turn white/grey.
One of the main reasons for grey hair is a lack of nutrition and nourishment in the body.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The number of people who are suffering from premature graying of hair is increasing every single year, and it is a condition that is affecting both the young and old. The actual cause of grey hair is a lack of oil gland production in the scalp. The hair starts to lose the nutrition that it needs to keep the hair healthy, and then starts to turn grey.
The Causes of Premature Grayness Of Hair
The diet of a person plays a massive role in the premature graying of hair and this has an impact on the body as well. A deficiency of iron, iodine, copper and vitamin B is one of the main reasons for grey hair. People who have excessive stress in their lives can also suffer from grey hair, since anxiety and worry play a role in premature grayness.
Here are some of the causes of premature greying of hair:
- Folic acid deficiency
- Thyroid disease
- Insufficient kidney energy
- Radiation and chemotherapy
- Stress and anxiety
- Hormonal imbalance
- Toxic/heavy metal poisoning
- Illness and infectious disease
- Lack of vitamin B complex, iodine, copper, and iron
- Mental worries
- Chronic cold
- Chronic constipation
- Nutritional deficiency
- Hereditary factors
- Using concentrated hair dyes
If you really want to overcome premature greyness of hair, you will have to recognize the symptoms, which include the following:
- Brittle hair
- Loss of hair color before turning 35
- Thinning of hair
Remedies To Rid of Grey Hair:
Luckily, there are several natural remedies to greying of hair, here are just a few:
- One of the best remedies to get rid of premature graying of hair is to include curry leaves in your diet. You can put the curry leaves in coconut oil and boil them, strain the oil and apply it to your scalp.
- Dry a few pieces of ribbed gourd in the sun then soak them in coconut oil for 3 to 4 hours. You should boil them until the residue turns black in color and then cool it down a little bit. Massage the residue on your scalp.
- You can massage the scalp with butter, made out of cow’s milk, which should be applied 2 times a week.
Preventing Grey Hair
1. Quit Smoking.
Smoking is a bad lifestyle choice that cause the body to age prematurely. The body aging prematurely can cause growth of grey hair prematurely.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet.
Getting all the nutrients your body needs to function optimally is important in the anti-aging process. Incorporate foods that are rich in minerals, vitamin A and iron to prevent grey hair from developing. Avoid junk food, coffee and alcohol which all lead to premature aging.
3. Deal with Stress
People who consistenly work under pressure, stress and tension tend to develop grey hair earlier on in life. Try to combat stress by doing yoga and other relaxation techniques such as meditation to avoid premature greying of hair.
4. Take Supplements.
Take supplements rich in 8 B complex vitamins to ensure your body is getting enough of these nutrients which are known to help prevent grey hair. Take your multivitamin along with GH3 Gerovital, a supplement known to lessen grey hair and baldness.
At Antiaging Central, we carry products that can help you combat unwanted effects of aging such as developing grey hair and thinning of the hair such as GH3 Gerovital which is known to lessen greying hair and baldness.