The oldest living person on record is Jeanne Louise Calment. She was a French woman who lived to the ripe old age of 122. Naturally, they asked her what her secret was.
—Turns out, her lifestyle was nothing out of the usual. In an interview before her passing, she admitted that she drank copious amounts of port wine, smoked 2 cigarettes a day and ate two pounds of chocolate a week.
What was the Key to Jeanne’s Longevity?
Centenarians have something in common (other than wine and chocolate). The scientific world has discovered that the longer the telomeres, the more accurate cells are replicated. (Telomeres are chromosome caps that prevent the natural ends of linear chromosomes from deteriorating.)
Working to keep telomeres long and strong is a molecule called glutathione, found in every cell of our body. It’s the secret to youth and health. Made up of three building blocks: cysteine, glycine and glutamine.
What’s Destroying Our Glutathione?
- AGING – At 20 our supply of glutathione begins to decline between 10 and 15% per decade. After 45, they drop dramatically.
- TOXINS – Every time your body has to neutralize a toxic substance, your precious reserves of glutathione drop.
- The TYPICAL AMERICAN DIET – provides little glutathione and puts a drain on your existing supply.
- FREE RADICALS – Rogue molecules are created by normal body processes and exposure to toxins in the environment. They cause cell mutation and even cell death.
- MEDICINE – Over-the-counter and prescription medicine must be neutralized in the liver, using up precious glutathione.
Some studies say that most ingested glutathione is not easily absorbed for use throughout your body. For this reason, it’s important to safeguard the glutathione that already exists in our body and try to build up our resources as naturally as possible.
How to Protect Your Glutathione and Gain More:
- A healthy diet loaded with fresh fruit, veggies, nuts, grass-fed meats, poultry and fish will provide about 150 mg of glutathione a day.
- GH3 – With its cortisol-inhibiting effect, GH3 Gerovital has rejuvenative effects experienced by many.
- Schisandra – It protects delicate neurons and mitochondria from free radical
- Vitamin B Complex – Your body can’t produce or recycle glutathione without B vitamins.
- Lemon Balm – Glutathione Booster
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) a powerful antioxidant
You May Also Like: